July 17, 2008

Week 2



by Stacy Hogle

Well, I am in the middle of Week 2 and I am very motivated. This week the 3 mile runs have been easier than last. Like I said before, I have been trying to watch my diet and eat more lean meats and complex carbohydrates to help fuel my runs and I think it's working! I failed my no chips/cheese challenge today and ate lots of chips at lunch with my girlfriends...we were at El Chico's, how could I resist? But, the good news is that I stayed away from the cheese! I have put it behind me and started again today.

I am scheduled to run 3 miles tonight and I am already looking forward to it. You may say I am crazy, and maybe you're right, but this is going to be so much fun. It helps to have some wonderful people training with me. I love Maria and her enthusiasm...who else would get this blog up and going and make a detailed notebook to have at home?? Seriously, this is going to be one of the highlights of my year and I can't wait to share it with my favorite people. Lindsey is training for the Half Marathon that day too and hopefully we can get DJ Stev rocking and rolling soon. Justin is an awesome support for me and I couldn't do it without him. Hopefully he will still be this supportive when I need him to follow me on the bike or Ranger when I do the 20 mile run on week 15...eeep!

No comments: