July 17, 2008

Here we go!!!



by Stacy Hogle

I completed Week 1 of my 18 week training program Sunday (July 13, 2008). It was harder than I thought to start training again...I guess that's what taking a few months off and eating everything in sight will do to you! I completed my three 3-mile runs on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. They were not too bad! I ran my 6 miler on Saturday morning, that was a different story though. It was pretty warm and humid Saturday morning but I pushed through it finishing in 1 hr and 1 min. Not too far off the 10 min mile pace I like to run at. I finished the week with an hour bike ride on Sunday. (Note to self...sunscreen on your shoulders and back will help prevent tank top tan lines...oops!)

I have been watching my diet and trying to eat more lean meats and complex carbs to fuel my runs. Hopefully this will help me drop a few pounds and maybe some inches off the 'ol hips. I can dream can't I?? ;)I have challenged myself not to eat cheese or chips for two weeks. It's harder than I thought but so far I have done ok. I have two more 3 mile runs this week and a 7 miler on Saturday...wish me luck!

No comments: